Always remember if you have decided on a hardwood floor for your home, you must get to know the correct ways to maintain your floor so it last longer.
Especially if the hardwood floor is is your living room or kitchen, places that are frequently used. Hardwood floors tend to lose their shine and feel over time, so maintenance is important.
Part of maintenance is cleaning, but with hardwood floors you must take extra care and use the right cleaning solution and method.
You can follow these few steps when you maintain your hardwood floor.
1. Always you a dry soft cloth to wipe and liquids that have spilt on your hardwood floor. Water is one of the worst things that can be on a hardwood floor. Be quick to wipe and spill so that the wood doesn’t warp.
2. Sweep regularly with a soft broom
3. Vacuum your floor to get rid of dirt and dust that could scratch your floor making it loose its shine.
4. Use rugs in places that are used more. This can save the floor from spills and damage
5. Curtains are a good idea to minimise the floors exposure to sunlight, which is not good for hardwood.
6. Be careful when moving around furniture and heavy items. Do not drag them as they can leave nasty marks on your floor.
7. Never allow liquids to spill and dry on your hardwood floor, this is the worst that can happen to your hardwood floor.
8. Don’t clean the floor with a vacuum that has beater bars. This type of vacuum can put scratches on your floor.
9. Never attempt to repair boards on your own. It’s best to hire a professional who knows what he’s doing. Doing repairs on your own can cause even more damage to your floor.
10. Always use a cleaning agent that is specially made for hardwood floors.
Keep in mind these simple tips and your hardwood floor should last a long time.